Daisy Square Tutorial
I am using clusters for the petals to give them a little bit of a pointy look. They are really easy and quick to make, and if you don't have three kids clinging on to you all the time, and a part time job you could make a full blanket in a swisch!
NEW INFO 25 Sep 2011: For you who live in the USA, the only thing you need to change in the abbreviations is the treble crochet which is as double crochet in the US. Se abbreviation in italic in this tutorial.
I am using UK abbreviations as follows (US terms in italic):
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
tr (dc) = treble crochet (US double crochet)
cl = cluster
mc = make cluster made from 3 treble stitches
yo = yarn over
beg = beginning
rep = repeat
1. Yo hook, insert the hook from front to back into both top loops in your work.
2. Yo and draw yarn through the loops leaving 3 loops on the hook.
3. Yo and draw yarn through the first 2 loops on hook, 2 loops remains on the hook.
4. Repeat step 1-3, 2 more times, 4 loops remains on the hook.
5. Yo and draw yarn through all 4 loops on hook to complete a cluster.
So now we can start.
Row 1: Ch4 (counts as first tr, ch1), *1 tr into the ring, ch1*; rep from * to * 6 times, join with sl st into 3rd of beg ch4, fasten off yarn (makes 8 tr and 8 spaces in between)
Note: This is not "my" pattern. This is me sharing how I make a flower square like this. I am sure the pattern has been around for a long time before I shared this tutorial. In case I step on someones toes...